Property Tax Grievance

File Every Year Even if your assessment seems low, we strongly recommend filing a tax grievance on a yearly basis. Why? Because the School and General Tax rates are continuing to rise. If you do not file a grievance, you have no way to protect yourself from the consistently increasing tax rates. If you allow your assessment to remain the same and do not protest, your property taxes will likely increase due to rising School and General tax rates. Even if you received a reduction last year, we can lower your assessment further, as long as we find sufficient evidence.

The County and Village have different assessors. Incorporated Villages are not required to follow the Nassau County’s assessment roll. They are entitled to create their own assessments. We can grieve your Village tax assessment if we determine that you have a meritorious case for a reduction. However, the Village filing deadlines are different from the County. Please be sure to review our authorization form and tax calendar to find out the submission deadline for your particular Village.

Your property’s assessment is one of the factors used by your local governments and school district to determine the amount of your property taxes. A property’s assessment is based on its market value. Market value is how much a property would sell for under normal conditions.

To Calculate The Amount You Pay In Property Taxes

Multiply your property’s assessment (your assessment minus any exemptions) by the tax rates issued by your school district, municipalities, counties and special districts.

Your tax bill can change each year due to changes in your school district or local government budgets, revenue, total assessed value and tax rates. Changes in your assessment or exemptions can also impact your tax bill. Property tax bills Tax bill calendars differ in different counties, as well as some cities. Rather than receiving tax bills, those who have their property taxes held in escrow receive receipts

Let us help you!

Contact us today for a free consultation.

Call : (516) 744-1880 Mon – Fri 9:00-6:00

Are you looking for someone to help?

Let us help you! Call Now : (516) 206-0771
·  Mon – Fri 9:00-6:00

Our Attorneys